Core IT information to align operation with the business objectives
Being able to have availability metrics, further than just the data, obtaining complex calculations that allow to examine trends of segmented utilization, or acting on the infrastructure based on real historical data, is not possible unless the granularity of the information is adequate.
In IT equipment, this granularity and the capacity to obtain the data directly from it already exists, and is a mature technology with years of experience in the market.
It is the Intel® Data Center Manager – Intel® DCM. The integration of this technology in our DCiM solution delivers high added value in areas such as power management, utilization, availability, and environment in the IT core of the Data Center
Intel® DCM does not use additional measurement equipment, nor OS agents in the production server or other methods, more expensive and aggressive. It uses the existing internal sensors to monitor important data such as PCU utilization, memory usage, power consumption, inlet and outlet temperature, etc .. All of those necessary data for a correct analysis of the operation.
This additional information can be managed in a fully integrated way in the iTRACS CPIM TM solution via the Open Exchange Framework TM. This solution sits on the top of the Management pyramid, using both proprietary (iDRAC, ILO, etc.) and standard protocols (IPMI, SNMP, etc.).
It adds management capacity to the DCIM in areas such as
- Usage, power, and thermal monitoring. Real time visualization, trends, and historical data. Alarm management at rack, row, and server groups levels
- Power estimate usage for older servers
- Delivers information on active equipment (HP, IBM, DELL, CISCO, tc.), even memory subsystem power monitoring
- On demand power capping policies based management, with time scales in hours/days, or weeks. It also adapts dynamically to server load
- Supports multiple and concurrent policies on different hierarchy levels, and prioritization.