The efficient management of the assets of a Data Center makes it easier for organizations to make the right decisions, reduces costs, boosts profitability, and in general, improves the delivery of a Data Center service.
Among the multiple advantages that an efficient asset management in a Data Center can provide; Bjumper highlights the following improvements:
- Moderate the effects that the seasonality of the assets or services supported by them may cause.
- Cost Efficiency: the hidden costs in multiple occasions derived by the lack of information on the usability of the asset, can be mitigated before the availability of information related to them.
A first challenge to be resolved in the management of the Data Center’s assets is to answer such basic questions as:
- Where is physically located an asset?
- Who owns it?
- And how much space or power is required by that asset?
Once we know how to answer these questions, we can move forward in our data center management model by answering other questions such as:
- Is the end of the life cycle of this asset near?
- What services are supported by this asset?
and if I have to migrate it? How do I do it?
At Bjumper we believe that for the correct assets management it is necessary to define the Processes & Technology around the challenges set out above, and involve activities within the organization such as:
- Planning and Decision Making.
- Organization and People.
- Asset Knowledge.
- Asset life cycle.
- Risk Assessment.
We present a solution based on the search for efficiency in the management of the IT asset that is supported by the DCiM technology and involving people by completing the processes associated with the of assets lifecycle, that is able to respond to the challenges posed
Let’s see how?
Presales Manager , Bjumper
ISO 55000: Asset management — Overview,principles and terminology
ISO 55001: Asset management— Management systems — Requirements
ISO 55002: Asset management — Management systems — Guidelines for the application of ISO 55001